The Baristas takes place in a cafe with a huge cast of screwballs who each have their own problems. And, honestly, we could write about the comic flaws of Dierdre, Sam, Astrid and Rich forever — and we just might.
But now we want to hear all about your strangest coffee shop tales!
If you ever worked in a cafe — or even sat in one for ten minutes — you know coffee shops are the modern answer to an Old West saloon: crazy characters, strange brews, and the vague sense that anything could happen at any time. And it usually does. Probably to you. And that’s what we want to hear.
Whether you’re a real-life barista, a devoted customer, or you just had a craving for a latte at the best (or the worst) possible time, we want to know about it! (And we just might film it.)
Here Are the Rules:
1. Write your craziest / funniest / strangest personal tale of caffeinated truth.
2. Email us your story by midnight on Thursday, June 30th.
3. You can send as many stories as you want, but email each one separately.
4. We’ll read them over the 4th of July weekend. (Happy holiday!)
5. We’ll post our five favorites on The Baristas blog on Wednesday, July 6th.
6. Those 5 winners will each receive a swag bag bursting with Baristas goodies!
And, even better…
If we really dig your story, we just might shoot our own version of it on an upcoming episode of The Baristas! And that means you’ll get a “Story by” credit, which is your gateway to fame and fortune!*
So what are you waiting for? Start scribbling!